Three buildings house the collection. All items in the collection are connected to a part of Waldoboro history, yet they have a wide appeal to people who live anywhere in the country or world.

 

  • The Barn houses special exhibits.  In the Annex: Governor Payne, Shipbuilder Joseph Clark, Dr. Jasper Stahl, Baseball in Waldoboro with photos of Scout Clyde Sukeforth, First white child born in Waldoboro Conrad Heyer and his family, Gross Surveying equipment, Paragon Button Factory, Children’s antique toys, Doctors’ artifacts,  Smouse/Demuth Ledger, and Joseph Ludwig land deed.
  • In addition, the Custom House Safe circa 1855, display of carpenters’ planes, farming and shipbuilding tools, a pung, sleds, loom and other farming equipment, a country store, musical instruments, a country kitchen and a Victorian bedroom.  In addition, numerous signs which once graced buildings in the village and local area may be found on all the walls of the Barn.

 

  • The Hauck / Bailey BuildingBuilding has a military collection spanning the Civil War through WWII, Waldoboro Souvenir Dishes Collection, shipbuilding displays and models, Stanley Bailey Exhibit, four antique fire engines, fire equipment and a Firemen’s Corner, Waldoboro Rugs, cross stitch, and quilts collection.  A theater curtain, circa 1930’s, from the Progressive Grange hangs on one wall, the Waltz Family  Grandfather’s Clock, The Palmer Fleet in photos made from original glass slides, spinning wheels, Depression Glass, Quarry photos and badges, and artifacts from hats, to a wedding gown fill the display cases.  The Esther Gross genealogy notes are located in the building and will be searched for specific information by appointment. Also housed is a small collection of publications connected with Waldoboro History.

 

  • The Boggs Schoolhouse, a one room building dating to 1857, was moved to its present site in 1972.  It was used in the town for kindergarten through high school education and houses typical furniture and school books utilized over the years. A collection of high school class photos, diplomas, and awards from Waldoboro schools may be viewed.

 

  • The Town Pound, built in 1819 to house loose farm and other animals and standing on its original site, is the large stone structure adjacent to the barn.

 

  • The Waldoboro Cider Press, located on the Main Street property of Cider Hill Farm, is owned by the WHS and is in the process of being restored by volunteers with funding from the WHS.

 

  • The Shipbuilding Kiosk, located at the Town Landing on Pine Street, offers a display of a map and descriptions of the original shipyards which lined Waldoboro’s Medomak River.
Museum Hours

The Museum is open mid-June through August:


 

Mon - 12:00 to 3:00 pm
Tue - Closed
Wed - 12:00 to 3:00 pm 
Thu - 12:00 to 3:00 pm 
Fri - 12:00 to 3:00 pm
Sat - 12:00 to 3:00 pm
Sun -12:00 to 3:00 pm

Directions

We are located at 1164 Main St., Waldoboro.

 

CLICK HERE for a map.

 

We are just south of the world famous Moody's Diner, on Route 220.